Tiger Stadium - 1950's (Thank you Don Gates)
Paul Brown Tiger Stadium with new Omni Sand Turf, East Stands and Press Box - 1989
Scoreboard and 16 color Message Center - Installed 1993
Construction on Tiger Stadium started in December of 1938 and was finished in September of 1939. The Stadium was dedicated on September 15, 1939 vs. Cleveland Cathedral Latin.
In 1976 Tiger Stadium was renamed Paul Brown Tiger Stadium to bear the name of the Greatest Football Coach to ever live.
In 1989 the first installation of Omni-Sand Turf was installed along with a new Press Box on the East Side of the Stadium. The Current Scoreboard was installed in 1993. It was the first scoreboard in High School Football to include a 16-color display. In 1999 The second installation of Astro-Turf was installed.
Right now the biggest project is the reface of the west side of Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. The project includes the new Walk-of-Fame and a Statue of Paul Brown to placed in front of the main entryway to the Stadium.
Also, new for 2005 will be a state of the art scoreboard and 4.3 trillion color video display. These projects is being done by donations given to the Massillon Tiger Football Booster Club. No school tax dollars are used in ANY of these projects.